Background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Sandbox!

Much thanks to Olivia's Aunt Beth who asked me a while back if I'd like to get a sandbox for Olivia. I'm so glad that I said yes because ever since we filled it up, Olivia has been a huge fan! It was fun to see her learn to enjoy playing in the sand and becoming comfortable with being a bit dirty - I have a very girly girl on my hands!

With a little help from Uncle Nate, Grandma Thornton, and mom, it didn't take Olivia long to learn how to fill her bucket, brush the sand off of her hands, and make some sand castles! Her favorite phrase during all this was "mommy too." When Brian got home from his tennis match, Olivia was quick to show him her new toy and demonstrated how much she loved it by climbing right on into the box and sitting down. Olivia's at such a fun stage where it seems like she thinks that everything new she is discovering is new to us too. I love that she wants us to share in the experience!

Olivia's friend Elliot came over to play while Brian and I along with Elliot's parents went to a tennis dinner. Here are a couple pictures of them enjoying the sand.

1 comment: