Background

Monday, April 19, 2010

I Love My Cousins!!!

This past weekend, Olivia's cousins Max and Mya came to visit and stay with Grandpa and Grandma. We got to spend some time together both Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Friday was filled with fun playing on bikes and with all the other toys at "Bapa" and "Momma's" house. "Bapa" was especially busy as all the kids wanted him to push them on the toys - I tried to help out, but was told by even my own daughter, "No, Bapa push"! I think the kids played in the garage and on the driveway for at least 2.5 hours before we were able to get them inside for dinner!


We all went to the tennis match on Saturday to watch Luther vs. Carleton. The Luther women won 5-4 and the Luther men lost 5-4. The kids did fairly well considering that they were pretty tired - by the way, Olivia and Mya each took a 2.5 hour nap that afternoon! The kids entertained themselves (and others) with tennis balls, climbing on chairs, and eating snack. At one point Max wanted me to toss him a few balls so that he could "play tennis." No problem, I thought - I can do this while watching tennis out of the corner of my eye. Or not... My first toss to Max came flying right back at me with some good pace behind it! Maybe a future Norse tennis player???


It's been fun to see Olivia, Max, and Mya's relationship develop over the past six months especially. I think it's safe to say that they all get along pretty well! The past few times we've all gotten together, they have played together much more. In the past they more played alongside each other. Of course, though, playing together also means we have an occasional "my," "mine," or some other possessive pronoun, gesture, or sound come out! Generally though, they share pretty well, and, most importantly, they entertain each other so that we adults can actually have some conversation!


The girls chased Max on his bike for quite a long time!


This last visit marked some good camaraderie between Olivia and Mya. It was fun to see them joining in on the same activities, taking turns, and sharing. Olivia definitely learns to move fast from watching Mya! I was espeically excited to see Olivia pushing Mya in the cart for once! Usually it's the other way around, and I always joke with Beth that there's a reason Olivia has some chunky thighs and Mya doesn't!


And one more picture, just to show that Max and Mya give Grace some love too!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is the best idea you have ever had Amanda, besides marrying Brian & having two of the most beautiful little great-grandaughters any grandma could hope for....it is the highlight of my day to check your blog & find a new posting. It will allow me to watch the girls as they change & grow, I can feel a little more like I know them. I love you even more for doing this....Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Amanda! I hadn't read in a few days so I didn't see these pictures. It's fun to see pictures of my kids having fun when I'm not around too. I think each time these little guys get together they will have more and more fun! My mom even mentioned that someday soon they will get to my parents house and immediately ask for O and G! I'm sure it's not too far off.

    ReplyDelete