Background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Prized Possession

Today, Brian officially became the first man in Decorah to mow his lawn this spring. You could say that he was just a tiny bit excited about his new riding lawn mover. This last snow storm really had him chomping at the bit, fussing about his grass, and anxious to try out his new "man machine" - although he did offer to teach me how to drive it.


Liv surprised me by wanting to ride along with daddy for a bit. I figured she'd be petrified of it as she is most loud things, but she proved me wrong. Mostly likely, it has something to do with her new daddy obsession. Constantly she tells him, "Daddy, I like you." And she tells me, "Mommy, I love daddy." Very sweet, but where's my love? Liv and Brian were great pals all weekend, running errands, picking up sticks, etc... Of course it was me who issued a time out and dealt with the resulting temper-tantrum. No wonder she likes daddy so much! Okay, okay, I admit, I'm a little jealous of all the love. I did get some nice cuddles at bedtime tonight, but then was kicked out so "daddy could put her ni-ni." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment