Background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A House Update

Looking though my iphoto library the other day, I stumbled on some house pictures I had taken a long time ago. After I had surgery on my chin, Brian took the girls to my mom's for the weekend to give me some quiet time. I used it to clean the house and snap some pictures to help me remember that someday it will be possible to have a clean house again. I never did a post about them for whatever reason, but thought I would now. They can given a little insight into our new home for those of you who haven't yet seen in first-hand.

Master Bedroom: I stripped the wall-paper and took down the drapes in this room before school started. From there, we hired someone to do the painting. Since the picture, we got a new bedspread that has more color and brightens the room.

Dining Room: Our dining room is a bit smaller than I'd like, but it fits our furniture. When we start our kitchen remodel in a week, the picture on the left wall will be replaced by a window pass through. Some day we have dreams of opening the door on the right into our sun-porch/garage by making the sun-porch more livable (insulating, new windows, etc...).

Living Room: I like this room a lot. My mom and I painted it and the dining room before moving in making it a nice place to be right from the start. Now that we have furniture in our basement along with all the toys, this room stays relatively neat and more adult-like - well, except for the coats hanging off the dining room chairs and shoes and hats everywhere!

Guest Room: Open to all! Hopefully we'll have some color on the walls in here and in the family room this summer sometime.

Family Room: When we started looking at houses, Brian wanted a basement more than anything. Now, I understand why. This space is great (even better since we now have a big sectional sofa to hang out on). I love having a place to keep all our toys, and, even more, I love being able to leave a mess and not have to look at it first thing in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma R I really think you picked out a very nice home, seems nice & open & opening the dining to kitchen will make it even nicer, you are a very good decorator Amanda! Love ya

    ReplyDelete