Background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Really?

Spring started about a month ago, but you wouldn't have thought that waking up in Decorah this morning. As I arrived at school, the grass was just beginning to be covered, and by 10:30, our principal was on the loudspeaker announcing an early out. No, I'm not joking. Conditions weren't all that great around the area with many accidents reported. The snow - about 4-5 inches was incredibly heavy and slushy. Who would have ever expected an early out on April 19th - seriously, I can't even be annoyed because it's just too surprising. But, I will be annoyed if this snow isn't gone in two days - did you hear me Mother Nature!



After dinner, Brian and Liv headed out for some snowman making. This was honestly the first time Olivia has shown any interest in snow - ironic, of course. Gracie was a bit put out that she and I didn't head out along with the Liv, so I dug out Liv's old snow boots which ended up fitting Gracie perfectly. Grace was definitely much braver than Liv was at that age. She even allowed me to put mittens on her and kept them on. Brian and Livy made two snowmen - well, Brian made them while Liv made her own mini-snowballs and tried to throw them at the street signs and trees like Daddy. Grace braved a few steps, but mostly stood at a stand still taking in our Spring Wonderland. Maybe she was just trying to comprehend why the grass underneath the snow was so green...

2 comments:

  1. Great shots, Amanda - how disappointing this weather is....the girls should be riding bikes and smelling the flowers instead of making snowmen!!

    Gr Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time I think Gracie looks just like livi!

    ReplyDelete