Background

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1st Grade (and other signs of growing up)!



Today was Olivia's first day of 1st grade!  Wow - I can hardly believe we have a first grader...I both love it and want to cry about it.  Olivia was pretty excited for school to start; since I started inservice last Thursday, she asked every day how many days until it was her turn.  I'm certainly glad she sees school in such a positive light.

Besides being a little nervous about transferring buses this year, Olivia was thrilled that today had finally arrived.  She had fun packing her backpack last night and bragging about how heavy it was to carry this morning!  Olivia rode the bus to the high school after school today like she'll be doing every day until September when our nanny starts.  Liv likes being in my room and is pretty good at occupying herself with my rolling chair, white boards, and art supplies.  When our nanny starts, Olivia will just do this two days a week because the others she'll get picked up along with Grace from preschool. 


Anyways, it was fun to watch Olivia get treated to a piece of candy from Mrs. Sheppard (my principal) along with the other kids who come to hang out while their teacher parents finish up for the day.  I asked Olivia a number of questions, but mostly she stayed pretty quiet telling me that she had a good day, was excited for tomorrow, liked unpacking her bag and putting things in her cubby, played with friends during recess, loved the chicken fajitas at lunch, wanted to wear her tennis shoes tomorrow because a classmate has them too, and liked Mrs. Uthoff.  Small details, but at least I got something.  Olivia was pretty tired out tonight, and I know we'll have to keep moving bedtime up to keep her feeling refreshed!

And...as long as we're on the topic of Olivia, here are a few other signs of her growing up:

 
Another (3 total) lost tooth - and a very noticable one!
Olivia lost this front tooth the later half of July.

Looking pretty up north at the cabin.
This would be a great senior picture spot some day, wouldn't it?

 Going off the boards at swimming lessons!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, first grade! How exciting:) Glad it went well. Love the pic with you and kids on the front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she was so ready for school! and so cute too:) And a sidenote..I was always really jealous of the kids who had parents as teachers and got to go to their classrooms after school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice uniform. now show us your panties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to see hercunt under her panties

      Delete
  4. f-ck yes she would be so tight but I want her ass too, love to have her panties to smell and taste herc-nt

    ReplyDelete