Background

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spring???


 

What a crazy spring this has been...and I don't just mean crazy busy - that should be obvious as I went nearly three months without updating the blog - but what crazy weather!  I took these pictures May 2nd, and I know we were lucky here in Decorah not to have had it worse!

I think 2013 may go down as one of the most mentally challenging springs out there - and that statement goes for this week too.  We are all in need of some sunshine!  I'm very thankful that we've had Bible Camp this week (post on that coming soon) because it has gotten us out of the house despite the rain and cold temperatures.  Since they saw it was filled a couple of weeks ago, the girls have been asking constantly to go to the pool, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  Hard to imagine wearing a swimsuit when I'm comfortable inside in jeans and a sweatshirt!

Tonight after dinner, Grace must have been trying to defy the weather as she went running outside in her panties (yes, you can shake your head at that) to play on the swing-set even though it was 60 degrees outside.  She came in shortly, announced that she was cold, and decided to put on her jammies - the ones she picked for tonight said "Little Wild Child" on them...appropriate, don't you think.  Sigh or laugh...I'm not sure.

Anyways - I don't really have too much to say for this post, but I just wanted to record the pictures as proof of the most chilly, snowy/rainy/sleety, cloudy, late spring I remember!  I really hope the weatherman is right about next week - I'm seriously looking forward to some sun and temperatures in the upper 70's!  (Just think...last summer, upper 70's would have practically been considered cold!)


No comments:

Post a Comment