Background

Friday, August 24, 2012

Spinning

Ever since moving into our house, we've had an old swing set that the previous owners had left.  I found out through the grapevine that they had gotten it used from the family of two of my students.  The boy graduated last spring, and I have his sister in my English 11 class this year, so that swing set had seen a lot of action!

I've been a bit of a broken record since we moved in - constantly working on Brian, trying to convince him that we needed to replace the old metal "accident-trap" as I liked to call it.  It truly is amazing that no one ever got hurt on it - especially considering the fact that it took approximately 5 minutes for it to be cut and pulled (yes pulled) apart.  So, I obviously did succeed in convincing Brian, and the girls have been loving their new set - hmmm, I should probably take some pictures.

One thing the girls perhaps miss about their old set is the high-adventure spinning they'd do...we've since retired Grace's baby swing, so this would now be much too dangerous for Mom to tolerate!  Not surprisingly, Grace is the one actually experiencing the action here, but Olivia is more than willing to initiate it!  I wonder how many times in the future Grace will get in trouble for actually doing something that was originally Olivia's idea?  :)

Too bad these pictures weren't on video - it's pretty wild how fast Grace would get going!

Getting started...

 
Higher and higher...

Let her fly!  And, clearly mischievous smiles that say - Let's do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment