Background

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Auntie Thyme


 

We had a fun week with Thyme in July.  My parents and Thyme had come down for the weekend to watch the girls while Brian and I took a short camping trip with college friends and then attended a wedding up in the Cities.  When we got home on Sunday, my parents headed home, but left Thyme with us.  It was a week that went quickly by!  I appreciated the extra help with the girls.  Thyme kept them entertained while I cleaned, cooked, or did laundry.  It did humor me when I'd hear them argue like siblings from time-to-time too!  :)  We stayed busy heading out for a picnic, playing outside, at the park, and at the pool, and generally meandering about Decorah.  I enjoyed evening chats and TV watching with Thyme.  We're both big readers, so it was nice to just spend nap-times sprawled out on the couch with our noses in books too!

During her visit, Thyme and I got out one evening to take some pictures.  We had done this last year too as a surprise to Mom and Mark, so we figured we'd better make it a tradition.  Plus, it's super fun for me to take pictures of someone who is cooperative, smiles when I say, and sits still! 

Thyme, you are a beauty inside and out!  Thanks for coming to spend the week with us - I hope you can come again next year...that is, if you're not still tired from all the little girls chasing you had to do this year!

Here's some of my favorite pictures! 

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of these photos becoming a family tradition and know that the character building that happens while Thyme is in Decorah is a very good thing. A little competition for attention is a novel experience for the youngest in this family!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty and I love red heads she would be great in bed

    ReplyDelete