Background

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gracie Girl

Our sweet Gracie girl (as everyone in the family - including Olivia says) is the second busy body at our house these days. To mimic my last post, here's why...

My Little Stinker...
Just like her sissy, Gracie has some actions that make my eyes bug out in exasperation. Some of these include throwing her food on the floor constantly, throwing anything within in reach as hard as 1-year old possible, hitting (Mommy only - hmmmm....), and splashing in the tub to the point that I now cover myself with a huge towel while giving the girls a bath. Plus, after she does this things, she usually grins at me as if to say, "Well, Mom, what are you going to do about it?" Gracie's also still pretty keen on being carried around although this has gotten dramatically better since she's started walking. She's miss squirmy when trying to get her dressed in the morning, but my new pretend to eat her feet technique has made diaper changes actually a fun event. Grace now refuses to eat any type of meat and gags if she even gets the smallest morsel on her tongue. She insists on having a spoon at meals so she can be like Liv, but she won't let you help her eat anything, and she'll scream dramatically if anything she thinks she needs gets taken away. The fake cry has also been mastered and this comes out usually when Liv and she get playing rough and bump heads or something along those lines.

My Little Sweetie...
Gracie has become a little cuddler at night which I love. She holds on tight to her silky and has lately been drifting off in my arms. She clutches her sippy cup so tightly as if it's a toy she doesn't want Liv to take away. Grace stares at me while I sing her to sleep which makes me feel extra special. She's gotten pretty good at walking these days and is so proud of herself when she manages to carry things around. She's gotten much more independent allowing me to get things done while she plays alongside. Grace (and Liv) love playing in their tent and having mommy and daddy "get them," and Grace tries to prompt this game all the time by smiling at you and then high-tailing it into the tent. Gracie loves music and goes nuts in the whining department when she sees our ihome or when a song stops. She sometimes just wants to hang out and jump in her crib in the morning, and gets crazy excited if Olivia comes into her crib too. She hustles over as fast as possible when I pick her up at daycare and is starting to give voluntary kisses. We don't have any solid words yet, but Grace correctly uses mama and dada - I also think she says duck. I'm getting anxious to identify what she's saying for Livy. Gracie smiles all the time and is starting to be purposely silly.

Click here to check out my walking!

What I've Learned...
I've learned that it's challenging to discipline a 1-year old when you have a 2-year old who doesn't understand that age difference matters. "No" doesn't always work with Grace either, so I'll need to do some problem solving in the future I imagine. I've learned that Gracie is a lot more spunky than I thought she'd be and that she loves her sissy, daddy, and mommy more than anything.

1 comment:

  1. Gracie is a little doll! I enjoy seeing her grow & do things. Great walker, just the best video, what a special little girl! Love Grandma R.

    ReplyDelete