Background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Art Class

This post has been delayed for a couple of weeks because I've been slow in loading up pictures, but here it goes regardless...


For the last 4 Saturdays, Olivia has been attending an art class for little ones held at Art Haus here in Decorah. One of her buddies, Elliot, attends too, and actually that's how we found out about the class. Each session, there are a number of stations set up like finger-painting, play-do, other types of painting, and glue stuff. The kids all where a grown-up sized art shirt (I was majorly impressed when Olivia agreed to this), so it's pretty cute to seem them bouncing from station to station covered in messes while in "dresses."

The first weekend we went, I stayed the whole time with Liv, but since then, we've done our first drop-offs besides daycare. Olivia's taken to this like a true champ, and she actually seems pretty proud of her ability to be alone telling me that after she gives me a kiss I can leave and come get her later. Her teacher, Jenna, says she does well not asking for us or acting worried in any way. The amount of artwork we brought home last weekend shows that Olivia's been making the most of this creative opportunity. Her stack of artwork is in the kitchen, and pretty much every day she goes through it and wants me to admire this or that. After seeing how much Olivia's enjoying herself and how proud of her work she is, we'll definitely be signing up for more art classes in the future.

Side note: Gracie seems anxious to join in the creative endevors lately as well. She really wants to play with play-do. This is challenging because I have to watch her like a hawk. She enjoys pulling chunks apart, but then if I'm not watching will try to sneak them in her mouth. I've been seeing some personality come out here as she fakes eating play-do with a smile on her face when she knows I've got my eye on her! Grace also like playing with the magna-doodle (sp), aqua-doodle, and going through Olivia's artwork too. :)

Here are some pictures of Olivia's work - an artist in the making...well, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment