Background

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Camp DuNord 2013

We had another fantastic trip to YMCA Camp DuNord this summer.  We were blessed with some excellent weather which we decided we vastly deserved after a very rainy trip last year.  While the biting flies/gnats took advantage of the sunshine to attack Olivia and Grace, we took advantage too, and armed with plenty of bug spray and sunscreen hit up the beach, the canoes, and the trails often in addition to enjoying some relaxing time in the cabin.

Overall I was really pleased with how the girls handled the trip.  They did great in the car and held up through the unusual nap and bedtime schedule.  During age group activities I was thrilled to see how Olivia went off with her councilors so comfortably, and while Grace wasn't always so eager to let go at drop offs, her fusses were pretty fake, and I knew by her excitement level at pick up that she had had a great time.  I'll admit that there were a number of bedtimes where I thought I might go a little bonkers as total exhaustion made both the girls and myself a little wacky!  :)  At least we all made up for some later nights by sleeping in consistently!

As always, special thanks to my parents, sister, and the Woitalla family for letting the girls and I be a part of this trip.  They obviously loved all the special attention they got during the week and are still talking about it!  I'm so glad this for this tradition!

I'll let pictures tell the rest of our adventure!

 
Quality time at the beach...icy cold water didn't stop the girls!

Playing in the hammock - a daily occurrence.

Yum...smore night.

 A little sprinkle didn't stop the girls from racing 
around camp after getting ice-cream.  
Glad they were willing to pose for a few pictures.

A canoe trip to Blueberry (or Booberry as Grace liked to say) Island.
This was a huge highlight for the girls.

Grace and Olivia and their pal Jenna Woitalla
(who, by the way, is an excellent babysitter)!

Closing ceremony - age group performances.

Embracing nature one last time before heading home.  :)

1 comment:

  1. great view of her panties but nicer to see her c u nt

    ReplyDelete