Background

Friday, September 28, 2012

Pillow Pets!

My grandma Roiger gave the girls a very wonderful gift a couple of weeks ago.  She had left it special in the trunk of our new van - Bob and Michelle's old one - for the girls to find.  Brian forgot to tell me they were there, so a couple of days after the fact, I discovered it for myself as I loaded in some groceries.  The next day, when the girls were showing off their "new" van to Grandma Pat, I told them they'd better show her the big trunk - whoa - they were so excited to finally be proud owners of the "pets" they've admired at Walmart for the last year!

Ever since - the pillow pets go everywhere...although I've managed to convey to them that they are inside only pets.  :)  They've both been sleeping on them at night (pretty cute since they're also into sleeping in the same bed together right now too - "shhhh, no talking" is what Grace always says to me), and they also carry them down to breakfast in the morning.  If we do watch a Dora in the evening some time, they'll be there too - as you can see from the pictures.

Thank you Grandma for the fun new pillows - obviously they're a huge hit!

This last picture is of Liv last night.  After three days at school, a walk to the Whippy Dip, and a bath, she was asleep 5 minutes into an episode of Dora.  :)

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome Olivia & Gracie for the pillow pets, so glad you really love them, did you give them names? That's what a great-grandma is for, to give you special surprises for no reason at all!! Love you

    ReplyDelete