Background

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grace Elizabeth - 18 Months


To celebrate Gracie being 18 months old, here are 18 fun facts about her...

1. Loves ice cream but won't let anyone help her eat it.

2. Is a pool lover - "pool" is one of Gracie's favorite words. She says it every time the pool is in sight which is every time we step outside the house, and goes berserk at Livy's swimming lessons when I won't let her out of the stroller (We leave and go play at the park as a distraction.), and goes down the slide like it's the best thing on earth.

3. Still goes to bed around 7 without any qualms and generally sleeps 12 hours along with a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. Once she's awake and dressed, all I have to say to Gracie is "Do you want a pony" to have her running to the bathroom and waiting to be lifted up to sit on the counter. She brushes her teeth while I do her hair along with Liv's every morning. (Check out the last post if you've forgotten what Gracie looks like without her classic pony.)

4. Loves jumping - in the pool, in the crib, and on Liv's trundle bed should it happen to be out.


5. Most favorite words = pool, mommy, sissy, river, bike, strawberry, and ___. (There's more, but under the pressure of writing I just can't think of them.)

6. Enjoys playing "Simon Says" with Livy and isn't all that bad at it - she definitely understands more than she can say.

7. Nearly ate a pint of raspberries by herself in one day.

8. Loves playing babies and taking them on walks with Olivia.


9. Tells everyone, including the boy who kicked the soccer ball at the park with her for a full 10 minutes, that her babies have "poop." (I'm sure the boy really cared.)

10. Is loosing her little waddle run to more of a traditional looking one. (This makes me a little sad because it was so darn cute!)

11. Likes to put her clothes in the laundry basket and her diapers in the diaper genie.

12. Calls crackers "crackies" like her sister.


13. Really doesn't like ants, having sand stuck on her hands, or having grass stuck to her feet. However, despite her dislike for having sand on her hands, has taken a couple solid bites of the stuff.

14. Threw an absolute fit and cried like she was seriously injured when it was time to get off the carousal at the fair. Then, only minutes later, refused to come out of the bouncy house causing me to have to crawl in there after her. This, of course, resulted in another fit.

15. Colors on everything - the tile floor in the kitchen, her little picnic table, the carpet in the sun porch - thankfully all items that can handle it. I'm scared for what will come next - this wasn't an issue I had to worry about with Livy.

16. Is always scratching the upper backside of her diaper resulting in fingernail cuts no matter how short I keep them clipped.


17. Gets beads of sweat across her nose and cheeks when it's hot.

18. Threatens to hit me (and me only) when she's mad but often dives in for a cuddle instead saying "Mommy" which I take for "Mom, I'm really annoyed but know I'm not supposed to hit you, so I'm going to twist you around my finger by giving you a cuddle instead."

1 comment: