Background

Monday, February 10, 2014

Grady Lawrence - 3 Months

A few days late on this post, but that's what happens when your husband's on a trip to the Dominican Republic!  For those who don't know...one of Brian's best friends is getting married there - today actually!  :)  I'll write more about our time without Dad later.


Dear Grady,

I still like to call you my little man, but little is something you are not!  We don't own a scale, but I'm guessing you're awfully close to 14 pounds and have grown another inch or so...I think you look a little older than your three months and so do many others!  You're pretty much done with your 0-3 outfits and fit your 3-6 month ones pretty nicely.  Who do you look like - that's the question of the day.  We get all sorts of comments - you look like your sisters - you look like Olivia - you look like Grace - you look like your dad when he was little (says your Grandpa Roger) - you look like you mom (okay...only one person has said this, but that still counts, right?).  Does it matter?  No, mostly, you're just super adorable...especially as you love to flash a full blown smile pretty darn often and at whomever is talking to you!  :)

This month's accomplishments include more frequent and very purposeful smiling, more cooing/noise making, rolling over from tummy to back, strong attempts at rolling from back to belly but with no luck, and increased hand coordination - especially your left hand (seriously, this is not just wishful thinking - you know your dad's dream is a left-handed, tennis-playing kid!).  You like to bat at your toys in your activity gym, and you have a new-found and very intense love of your left fist and....wait for it....thumb!  Will this love last - that's to be determined, but seriously, what are the chances of us having three kids who suck their thumb/fingers?  I will embrace whatever, I suppose.  You do like your paci too, and that's more comforting to you as you're not super coordinated at the thumb sucking yet.

 
 

What else do you like...you much prefer to be carried facing out now, and if I'm holding you the other way will crane your neck around and throw yourself sideways until I turn you.  You like being on the counter in your seat while I make dinner or work in the kitchen.  You love when people (me, you dad, your sisters, or perfect strangers) talk to you and make faces at you.  You like sitting up quite a bit on my lap or in the Bumbo for short periods.  You LOVE one particular book filled with pictures of babies...it's very sweet to hear you coo at them.  You like getting your diaper changed and have started to giggle a bit when I do so and tickle your belly or legs.  You like tummy time alright and will tolerate it from anywhere between 1 and 10 minutes.  And, you still really enjoy getting baths - in fact, we're probably about ready to graduate to the real bathtub instead of your baby tub.

Napping and a schedule have made their appearance these last couple of weeks too.  I confess I called your Auntie Beth when I was having a near breakdown, but after, later that day, you took a 2.5 hour nap, I felt much better.  Since then, you've done really well taking (approximately), 1-2 hour long naps in the morning, 1 awesome nap anywhere from 2-3.5 hours in the afternoon, and usually a short snooze in the evening.  For the most part, going to sleep is a pretty simple affair.  Unlike what I wrote at 2 months, you prefer to be wrapped in a blanket, cradled in my left arm, given your paci, and rocked for a few minutes before being laid down.  I let you sleep on your tummy during the day, but we always do your back at night.  However, with the way you crank your neck, I think it won't be long till I find you sleeping on your tummy at night too.  Another random thing - when you sleep on your tummy, your face is always pointed right...when you sleep on your back, left.  Weird.  But, at least it's opposite ways.  Anyways, I hope that soon you'll compact those 2 morning naps into one better one in addition to your afternoon nap and evening snooze.  At night, you get up usually twice - I'm fine with this as you go to bed about 7-7:30.  Overall, you're doing really great, and it's nice to have time to play with Grace and/or do some things around the house while you sleep.


Well, that's about it little buds.  Oh, I guess the other thing to mention now that you're three months is that I would have gone back to work as of January 29th.  How glad I am to be home!  I love it and am treasuring this time home with you (and your sisters, of course).

Lots of hugs and kisses,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment