Background

Monday, February 25, 2013

Randomness...

So many small little comments/occurrences have happened lately at our house that I wanted to take a chance to record them...I need to do this more regularly, because suddenly, as I'm in the "hot-seat" of typing this out, I can barely remember any of them!

This morning...
Olivia - When I grow up, I'm going to be a doctor.
Brian - Why?
Olivia - So I can help people.
Me - Ah, that's really nice; it's always nice to help people.
Olivia - ....
Me - Do you help your friends at school sometimes?
Olivia - No!  They have to pick up their own toys!

Olivia's ridiculous obsession with stripped socks.  While I'm super glad she's out of the "I wear summer clothes in wintertime clothing trend" and the "I cry about socks every morning" issue, this obsession is going to drive me batty as we only have 4 pairs of stripped socks and Olivia thinks I need to wash them constantly for a quick turn-around!  But, hey, there could be worse obsessions, and it's kind of cute to watch her digging through the dryer in the mornings and celebrating when she finally finds "the socks."

Grace's new favorite word...
Grace - I want to wear these tights.
Me - I don't think those tights fit you any more.
Grace - Yes, they actually do fit me.
Me (with heavy sarcasm) -Well, okay, you try them.
Grace (after putting tights on by herself) - See, Mommy, I actually did it!

The girls sleeping together...I can't handle how cute it it.  Little cuddle bugs.

We finally had Grace's three-year check at the doctor's.  She weighed in at 29 pounds (28%) and was 3 feet 1 inch tall (41%).  She was quite conversational with the doctor and was thrilled to get stickers AND a tattoo for being so good.  Olivia hopped on the scale too - 36 pounds (37%).

Olivia's writing done at home...

Translation:
April
First Grade
Second Grade
Preschool
Olivia (down the side)

Olivia's writing done at school...

Translation (if you make the d's into b's):
Ballet
Baseball
Basketball
Football
Gymnastics 

A special note for daddy...One of Olivia's favorite outfits is her red ballet skirt/pants and a shirt that says "My 'heart' belongs to my daddy."  She was wearing this last night and, looking down at her shirt (hence the backwardsness), wrote this note for Brian.  So sweet.


Our girls...I just love them.

1 comment:

  1. these are the stories that make Grandma Linda teary eyed

    ReplyDelete