Background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grace Elizabeth - 10.5 Months

Yes, I've been delinquent in my posts once again.... However, if you knew what my desk looked like at work (organized chaos) and how big my grading pile is, I think you would understand my delinquency. Enough excuses - this post is about Gracie! (FYI - These pictures were all ones I took right around 9 moths - Gracie ate so many leaves during the photo session that she later puked a couple up!) At 10.5 months, here's what Miss Gracie is up to.


1. Pulling herself up from sitting position.
2. Finally figuring out how to go from tummy position to sitting (however this still requires her to have something to pull up on however slightly).
3. Walking with hand support and just a little behind her push toy.
4. Eating anything and everything put in front of her - she has an amazing appetite despite fact that she's still a peanut - at her 9-month check she was 16 pounds 15 ounces (20th percentile) and 27 inches tall (20th percentile).
5. Drinking out of a sippy cup.
6. Waking herself up at night to stand up in her crib and fuss till we come.
7. Attaching herself to her mommy at every waking moment.
8. Complaining rather loudly when Olivia takes something away from her (or when mommy takes it away too).
9. Eating yummy things like dirty kleenex and food off the floor (sorry, not a perfect house cleaner) and attempting to eat things like socks, shoes, paper, blankets, books, etc... You get the picture - teething!
10. Clapping, kissing, and waving goodbye (although this last is delayed in coming and looks more like "come here" than "see you later").


Physical appearance wise, Gracie has a pretty decent amount of hair that looks like it'll be just slightly, if at all, darker than Olivia's. Her hair in the back (where she was once bald) is now a solid inch long, and in the front, it's long enough that it's in her eyes most of the time. Brian wants me to cut it, but I refuse. Gracie's eyes are still a solid blue though slightly faded and her skin is very creamy and soft except for random dry patches - I'm actually going to make an appointment because I think we've got a little eczema happening.

Overall, Gracie still continues to be a little sweetie. I have many moments where I think she's the easiest kid in the world, but, as of late, I've also had a few moments where I think we're going to be in for it! For instance, Gracie frequently slaps me in the face (Yikes!), throws a royal, back-arching fit when being put in her car-seat, and, most recently, cries hard when being laid down for a nap. I am making a last minute attempt at getting her to "attach" to some comfort item as I think it's really nice that Olivia has something other than me to help her relax and feel good, but I don't have a whole lot of hope that my attempt will work. Sometimes I feel badly because Gracie is not a cuddler - she literally finishes her bottle at night, squirms around in my lap, and then reaches for her crib - but I also think it's nice that I don't spend 45 minutes putting her to bed like Olivia recently requires - more on that in the future!


Gracie favorites include - listening to music, Olivia, dancing, Olivia, jumping, Olivia, playing peek-a-boo with anything but especially the living room sheers, diving off the couch (without any doubt in her mind the mommy or daddy will catch her), playing around in the cupboards (see picture below), putting balls into her toy (understanding cause/effect), Olivia, crawling all over mommy, drinking out of Olivia's sippy cup, looking at herself in the mirror (recently this is the way to stop fussing), Olivia, acting mortally offended if someone takes her out of mommy's arms, taking baths, and dropping things on the floor and watching Olivia pick them up. Did I mention that she loves her sissy too?


Oh, Gracie girl, you are quite the sweetie with a lot of personality. And while I hope you out-grow your obsession with your mommy at some point, I also secretly love that you think you need me so much. And one more thing, even though I might not have another post about you until you turn one, I sure love you to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment