Background

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Upstairs

Here are a couple of pictures of our new house - I know some of you are having a hard time picturing us in our new place! These pictures are of the entryway and Olivia's and Grace's room. I definitely need to take a couple from the outside so you can see our great yard. As for the other rooms... I'll take a pictures next time they're actually clean!

Front entry: This front entry looks so much better now than a month ago! Originally it had some not-so-lovely silvery wallpaper gracing the walls. I started stripping the wallpaper but quickly gave up when I found even older wallpaper underneath. Ultimately we ended up hiring someone to finish removing and stripping and painting. Not having to do all this myself was well worth the money in my opinion! Obviously we need an electrician to come fix the light that has been hanging off the ceiling like that for the last 5 weeks (Grandpa Roiger where are you?)!


Gracie's room: This room was originally a very dirty light blue - I think the paint was original to the house (1960s). This paint is the exact yellow that was in her old room at our house. I like this room - it's nice and cozy and has a very large closet. My only wish - new carpet.


Olivia's room: This room was originally a very dirty cream. The previous owners had four boys all of whom slept here (yes, the room is huge!) so I really mean it was dirty. The paint is the same yellow as Grace's room, but I added the pink to help add some variety. Brian's reaction to the pink was "too bad you're going to have to redo that when you put so much work into it," but I think it's grown on him - plus, I like it! We temporarily thought about making this bedroom the master as the closet is very big, but it just didn't feel right having one or both of the girls downstairs without us there too. Upstairs seemed more logical and safer to me. Someday the girls might share this room - it certainly is large enough! Again, my only wish - new carpet.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did a great job on the girls rooms, they look really pretty. The front entrance looks very inviting....you are so good at decorating Amanda! Looking forward to seeing more at a later date. Grnadma R

    ReplyDelete